Pages

Tuesday 6 March 2012

Tues 6 miles...amazing how a small thing drives you crazy!

6 miles...how hard can it be...well it was very hard cause I was bursting to go for a pee pee from the minute I got out of the car...

About 15-20 of us turned out tonight,pelting rain (dirty rain) and cold...I always wear a t-shirt going running as I tend to boil up pretty quickly but my teeth were having a great chat tonight....tonight's route was the same as last weeks...left the aquadome,down to Fels point hotel,back up past the aquadome again,back out to Blennerville and back the bloody same long road again...

Rushed from work this evening...even-though I'm only a minute down the road I still like to be in the car park a bit early to settle my loola tendencies before I go running...my fear of being last is always there...but I am always last so I'm pretty used to it by now...the rest of the group thought they were in Cheltenham racing tonight because one minute they were there and the next they were gone racing out the road like race horses....and the poor ould donkey (me!) was still warming up enjoying the traffic and even admiring the doggie as I ran past...I will get faster one of these days but for now I'm happy out at my own pace...

Chatting away tonight with the two Catrionas,we were reminiscing on a cycle we did last year....wait for it...the distance was 16k....it was a charity cycle out in Castleisland ....there was a choice of doing 150k,100k,50k and 16k....of course the latter was my sporting choice...16k seemed massive and the thoughts were how the hell can I do that I'll be fecked tired! Loaded up the bike in the morning,headed out to Castleisland with all the gear on...I like my gadgets and gear so I had everything...I'd bought myself an expensive bike before that to coax myself into exercise...I remember being so nervous and to top it off I had a flaming puncture when I took it out of the car...threw a hissey fit...I'm not bloody going cycling! I'm the type where anything could throw me...everything has to be in place....nuthead I know...a nice man fixed my puncture...phew...I needed my strength for my cycle...with all my money spent on the bike i hadnt a clue how to fix a puncture...off we went very proud...pedalling along happy happy...I was knackered by the half way point with all the stress!got back to the hall delighted I'd completed my first big cycle...you should have seen us...pulled the bikes up outside the community centre like real pros...whipped off our helmets...shook the hair a bit...gave a few puffs like real athletes...fecked tired...shoulders back...heads up high very proud of what we achieved!! Walked into the community centre starved...gasping for food and fluids...and we were the first eejits back! the shame....the shame....the shame....the grannies serving the tea must have had a great giggle coz we ate the ham sandwiches like we never saw food! But we were two delighted eejits...

So in comparison i actually ran nearly 20 k at the weekend..so it shows the progression that can be made...there is hope for me yet...

Tonight all I thought about in my run was going for a pee...all the way round...when you know you can't do something your mind just focuses on that one thing..peeing...
All water factors included..it was raining..we ran by a river...and I was jumping over puddles...so pee pees were all that I could think of...I nearly stopped by a halting site But the smell of hose poo and the fear that my knickers wud be robbed off me helped me keep it in...oh the joys of running...

4 miles tomorrow night...










No comments:

Post a Comment

If anyone has any advice or suggestions please feel free to post, im sure there are plenty people out there like myself wishing to run....