Pages

Monday 26 March 2012

Monday...a handy 5 miles tonight...no pressure..

Well,any mental head thoughts today?

No!

After the weekend I said I'd do some research on energy drinks....could not face another sighting of lucozade lite...you know when a baby tastes a new food for the first time and makes scrunched up face motions with the tongue popping in and out like a lizard?....well I was an adult version of that on sat for the 16 miler.....am completely turned off it for life...

What I found: Zyms

ZYM is the fuel that hydrates athletes on-the-go. Available in lemon-lime and berry flavors, ZYM is a small tablet that quickly dissolves in water, giving you a portable and powerful way to replenish lost electrolytes. Great for runners, cyclists and high-performance athletes that need quick, effective hydration, ZYM delivers the essentials your body needs to keep moving.

THE ADVANTAGE

The formulas we design for endurance athletes sets ZYM apart from other sports drinks. ZYM's blend of electrolytes, B Vitamins and other elements make it effective against muscle burn and dehydration while leaving out the excess sugar. This provides athletes with fresh legs, natural energy and more endurance so they can perform their best.

I still don't think of myself as an athlete but if it provides my with fresh legs...I'll have a bucket full please...and they are only 4 calories in them...bonus! Slimmy zymmy here I come!

5.30 myself and Catriona toddle off up my favourite hill Ballyard...love a good hill to get the lungs going... We planned to go up Ballyard,past the rugby club,up to the top,over Kearney's rd and back into blennnerville and around home...haven't done that route in ages...the good ould days where I cursed that bloody hill were a distant memory...strange how it seems so long ago but I've only been running properly since nov!

Legs were a bit stiff after the weekend...took me a while to get going...but I started slowely... came to the base of the hill just about to face my fear off hills..and we hear Leeane roaring at the bottom of the hill to wait up for her...woohoo have a distraction for the run...3 gombinos trot up the hill head down... No chit chat till the top...that wasn't too bad..sun was shining,nice wind,and a distraction..felt good...

Traffic was busy...along by the rugby one fella was pulling in for another car and nearly pushed us into the bushes...the fecker..no respect for wannabe runners....the hill after the rugby club is a very long slow dirty sneaky hill...was parched at this stage but wouldn't take a drink until I passed the hill and turned the bend...it was actually very refreshing...the drink that is! Ok I think I've found my drink...no after taste...

Passed the house where we couldn't figure out if the animal in garden was a horse or a big doggie...no sign of him... Leeane gave an ould whistle...must be busy...

Ran all the way home...lovely breeze and horse poo on the footpaths...played dodge the poo game... kept me occupied..

5 miles... Didn't feel like 5 miles..Great!

8 miles tomorrow night...the marathon is getting closer and I'm getting nervous or excited... Don't know which...






No comments:

Post a Comment

If anyone has any advice or suggestions please feel free to post, im sure there are plenty people out there like myself wishing to run....