Pages

Tuesday 27 March 2012

Tues 6 1/2 miles....somebody turned up the heating...

I seriously do think that running has turned me in a 'complainer'....

I've no problem in admitting it... There's always something fecking wrong! I actually had a very good run but christ above the fecking sun just kills me...I absolutely just swelter and I'm sure my face turns like a wet tomatoe but who cares... I have come to the conclusion that the weight is a contributing factor also...if I was skinny I wouldn't have to carry the extra flab and hence less body insulation so the thermometer would work better...I'll prove that theory when I loose another two stone...it's coming off slowly but surely...

I'll tell you a story... I've tried all diets... You name it I've done it....it kind of became a hobby...'what you doing for the weekend?dieting! I've been on a continuous diet since the day I was born...so I hear of another new diet on the market.... Wait for it...lipotrim...quick,starvation,shakes and upset tummys...great but I did it...trotted into the pharmacy looking for my latest diet fad...took me a few weeks to pluck up the courage to actually go in and say the word ' lipotrim'...shite there's a young one behind the counter,very skinny may I add..and I'm going up asking for fat sachets! The Shame...she takes me in the back to get weighed...oh Christ the face goes bright red...and the 'cringe' sets in...Get me out of here quick...hop off the scales quickly wanting my bag and out the door...she proceeds to pick my weigh out in a fat chart and the cheek of her to tell me that I fitted into the obese category! well for f$¥k sake talk about making me want to buy double portions of fat sachets...anything to get the weight down! of course that put me on a downer so all I wanted then was comfort food so I had the green rooster burger and chips! She proceeds to ask me do I want chocolate,strawberry or banana? Of course I fecking want chocolate you dumbass! I wouldn't be here only for me loving chocolate! Off I trott down the street with my diet bag of shopping...did it for three weeks...felt rotten, starvation and frothing at the mouth set in...and my breath stunk from the lack of food I'd say! I lost a stone and out it all back up again...probably double...

But since Xmas I've been very good...running has completely changed my relationship with food...

Ok maybe I should blab on about the run...4 of us out tonight..we started early...I'll give a short summary...ran all the way at a good pace,sweltering,parched,water belt was leaking ( am not complaining!),and saw a goat in the hedge along by the travellers site near the canal! Thought it was a dog at first but as we came closer I realised a dog wouldn't be chomping up ontop of a hedge! He looked happy out...said hello like I always do to doggies but the goat was busy...ignored me...strange siting I must admit...

5 miles tomorrow night...thur and fri off woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If anyone has any advice or suggestions please feel free to post, im sure there are plenty people out there like myself wishing to run....