Pages

Friday 3 February 2012

The weight issue.....Episode 1 season 1....

I always say ' I've been on a diet since the day I was born'.....it has always been a pain in the arse and it affects everything.....put on the weight when I was 12/13yrs old and it went up from there....and up and up...

Was never an exercise person...hated it and I mean hated it...my mother used to drag me around Rossbeigh beach like a deadweight...dragging the two legs behind me swealtering and pissed off at the fact that she thought walking the legs off me would slim me down somewhat...I just went slower to piss her off! Great Craic...the walk used to be the 7 mile stretch around past the shipwreck and then onto the back beach...sher I'd go home and scoff niceties in protest for the torture that I'd gone through....nightmare

Ross Castle was another favourite of hers...the minute we pulled into the car park the aches and pains started.... 'oh my leg is sore,my arse is tired....anything that came to mind...I was desperate!! We'd do the Coal Miners ring and then head back towards the car...thank god its over...she keeps walking and walking .... and walking....past the feckin car...and she's heading towards the Demense! The cheek of her....c'mon woman,get your eyesight checked,, did you not see the car back in the bloody car park!!!I was so far behind that a cry for help with my slow legs would have been wasted....

Always always hated clothes shopping....I do remember one particular incident when I was younger....was shopping in Cork. Always loved cords and I still do... went into Diesel in Merchants Quay... Saw the cords...brown Levi ones....fantastic woohoo!....I wanted them.... go up to the lady... She asks my size... Ahhh haven't got a clue...that's your job woman! was probably more conscious of the fact that I didn't want to admit my size to myself....gives me a pair to try on ...I toddle along with a spring in my step... I distinctly remember the changing room doors were like the ones you see in a wild west bar... they flapped back and forward...fecking brilliant cords at last!! Off with the pants.....I was like someone standing on hot coal- all excited.Pull up the cords... Feck... They won't go past my hips...Christ that can't be right...surely not...try some suction techniques...Not a hope in hell did that work... called my mother over...'maw (thats her nickname) need a bigger size..' she says 'are you sure they won't fit,maybe you might grow into them' ..... What!!!!! she was probably planning more blooming torture walks... The lady comes over and starts chatting to Maw.... Afraid they don't come in a bigger size....bang...run me over with a steam roller....and a JCB while your at it.... deflated (pity that didn't apply to my waistline)....

Still haven't got the brown cords but I will....

Poser......as you can see ive had the ears done.....

Current thought: running requires an effort every time.What I enjoy about it is, not the run itself but merely what running has made me change in my everyday life.I've lost count of how many mondays I've spent starving myself...gobble back rice cakes, pissy soup, and vom green tea...haven't had a Monday like that since I've started running...

The pleasure I get from running is from the fact that I've actually gotten up off my chubby ass and ran....tis now I only realise it.

To be continued....



No comments:

Post a Comment

If anyone has any advice or suggestions please feel free to post, im sure there are plenty people out there like myself wishing to run....